HARBOUR CHURCH AND ST ALBAN’S COPNOR
· We aim to provide a safe and caring environment for all we come into contact with particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
· We are committed to the implementation of the Diocese of Portsmouth Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, and the relevant statutory legislation and guidance for the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
· We will ensure that all those who are authorised to work with vulnerable groups are appointed according to diocesan safer recruitment guidelines. We will exercise proper care in selection, appointment, training and support including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
· We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or vulnerable adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social services in any investigation.
· We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in authority.
· We will have internal processes in place to support proper reporting of concerns, and ensure that staff and volunteers are aware of what to do if they have a concern.
· We will seek to offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them appropriate pastoral support.
· We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church.
The PCC of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on 16th April 2018.
If you would like to see a full copy of our Safeguarding Policy please contact our Safeguarding Adviser.
Our Safeguarding Advisor is the first person to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult with vulnerability.
Ben Bryant – Safeguarding Adviser Harbour Church
Sue Donald – Safeguarding Adviser St Albans Copnor
If you would prefer to speak with someone outside the church:
Portsmouth Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Ian BerryT: 07544 566850